The Emerald Tiger
Peter Davison (Fifth Doctor), Janet Fielding (Tegan Jovanka), Mark Strickson (Turlough), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa), Cherie Lunghi (Lady Adela), Sam Dastor (Professor Narayan), Vincent Ebrahim (Shardul Khan), Neil Stacy (Major Haggard), Vineeta Rishi (Dawon), Gwilym Lee (Djahn/Lord Edgar), Trevor Cooper (Colonel Creighton/Kimball)
Tiger, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night
Calcutta, 1926. The Doctor and his companions join an expedition to locate the fabled emerald tiger – a legendary marvel shrouded in myth and mystery. They must journey to an unexplored lost world filled with wonder and wickedness.
But at the centre of this terra incognita, something is stirring. Something with emerald eyes, diamond-sharp claws and a heart of darkness.
Written By: Barnaby Edwards
Directed By: Barnaby Edwards
- The Emerald Tiger was the first story in the 2012 Fifth Doctor audio trilogy.
- This is the second time during The Doctor’s fifth incarnation that the TARDIS has materialised on the platform of a train station during the 1920s. (Black Orchid)
- The Doctor remarks to Turlough that he must speak to Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewartabout the lack of emphasis placed on sport during his education at Brendon Public School in the early 1980s. (Mawdryn Undead)
- Nyssa refers to The Doctor playing cricket at Cranleigh Hall on 11 June 1925. (Black Orchid)
- Tegan once again uses”rabbits” as an expletive. (Logopolis, Earthshock)
- TheTenth Doctor would later fly a hot air balloon over London on 24 December 1851. However, on that occasion, he claimed never to have done so before. (The Next Doctor) The memory loss which he suffered following his fifth regeneration may account for the fact that he did not remember this incident