Seasons Of Fear
Paul McGann (the Doctor), India Fisher (Charley), Stephen Perring (Sebastian Grayle), Stephen Fewell (Marcus / Richard Martin), Robert Curbishley (Lucillius /Nimon Voice), Lennox Greaves (Edward the Confessor), Sue Wallace (Edith), Justine Mitchell (Lucy Martin), Don Warrington (Rassilon), Gareth Jenkins (Waiter / Prisoner)
On New Year’s Eve, 1930, the Doctor lets Charley keep her appointment At The Raffles Hotel in Singapore. But his unease at what he’s done to time by saving her life soon turns into fear. Sebastian Grayle: immortal, obsessed, ruthless, has come to the city to meet the Time Lord. To the Doctor, he’s a complete stranger, but to Grayle, the Doctor is an old enemy.
An enemy that, many years ago, he finally succeeded in killing. And this is his only chance to gloat.
The Doctor and Charley desperately search human history for the secret of Grayle’s power and immortality. Their quest takes in four different time periods, the Hellfire Club, the court of Edward the Confessor and the time vortex itself. And when the monsters arrive, the stakes are raised from the life of one Time Lord to the existence of all humanity
- Seasons of Fear was the thirtieth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions
- Before finding out that Grayle is evil, the Doctor says to him that he “…must be confused. I’m not the one that says you must obey me, I don’t meddle, and I’m not a glamorous woman At The moment.” These are references to the Master, the Monk, and the Rani.
- Both the Doctor and Charley refer to Benjamin Franklin as having served as President of the United States. This alteration of history was later revealed to have been caused by the anti-time crisis.
- The Doctor previously encountered the Nimon on Skonnos during his fourth incarnation. (The Horns of the Nimon)
- The Doctor yells “geronimo” which becomes a habit of his in his Eleventh incarnation. (The End Of Time)
- The Doctor mentions that he rarely touches meat. He decided to become a vegetarian in his Sixth incarnation. (The Two Doctors)
- The Doctor says that he “had his moments with swords”. (The Sea Devils, The Masque of Mandragora The Androids of Tara, The King’s Demons)
- The Doctor left Edith At The alter much like he would later do in his Tenth incarnation. (The Day Of The Doctor)