Kill The Moon
4 October 2014
|Written by||Peter Harness|
|Directed by||Paul Wilmhurst|
|Produced by||Peter Bennett|
The Doctor, Clara, and Courtney go to the Moon in 2049, where they discover that the Earth’s constant companion is not what it seems…
- Referring to his new cycle of regenerations granted in The Time of the Doctor, the Twelfth Doctor mentions that he doesn’t know if he’ll keep regenerating forever.
- Like the Second Doctor, theTwelfth Doctor the Twelfth Doctor says”When I say ‘run’, run”.
- The Doctor tells Courtney to use a DVD in order to bring the TARDIS to him. He also says that she should hold to the console so she won’t be left behind. (Blink)
- The Doctor says that he wouldn’t kill Hitler as an example of not interfering with the course of history. (Timewyrm: Exodus, Let’s Kill Hitler)
- The Doctor finds amniotic fluid, from which life comes from. (City of Death)
- Earth of the mid-21st century is shown to be worse for wear enviromentally compared to the start of the century. (The Waters of Mars, Aeolian)
- The Doctor chooses to take a step back in the face of an potentially apocalyptic event, leaving humanity to choose the future. the Ninth Doctor initially took a similar approach upon witnessing what appeared to be humanity’s first contact with alien life (Alien of London)
- This is not the first time the Twelfth Doctor has used a yo-yo to assess the gravity. This was done mostly by his Fourth incarnation. (The Ark in Space)
- Clara mentions the previous time the TARDIS made an emergency dematerialisation. (Cold War)
- This episode reveals that every Whoniverse story set on Earth’s moon after the year 2049 actually takes place on the replacement moon”laid” after the creature hatches.
- The publication date of David Copperfield is written on the whiteboard as 1850. Clara previously argued with the Twelfth Doctor over the date of Pride and Prejudice’s completion. (The Caretaker). In the real world, David Copperfield was published in serial form, which concluded in 1850.
- Courtney suggestively teases”Mr. Pink, ” referring to her knowledge of Clara’s relationship with Danny. (The Caretaker)
- The Doctor is apparently still able to wander the halls of Coal Hill with impunity. (The Caretaker)
- In telling Clara about what will happen to Courtney as a result of this story, he mentions that she’ll meet”this bloke called Blinovitch.”