Day of the Moon
30 April 2011
Alex Kingston (River Song), Mark Sheppard (Canton Everett Delaware III), Stuart Milligan (President Richard Nixon) Marnix Van Den Broeke (The Silent), Chukwudi Iwuji (White House Secret Service Man), Sydney Wade (little Girl), Nancy Baldwin (Joy), Mark Griffin (Phil), Kerry Shale (Dr. Renfrew), Tommy Campbell (Sergeant)
|Written by||Steven Moffat|
|Directed by||Toby Haynes|
|Produced by||Marcus Wilson|
The Doctor is locked in the perfect prison. Amy, Rory and River Song are being hunted down across America by the FBI. With the help of new friend and FBI-insider, Canton Everett Delaware the Third, our heroes are reunited to share their discoveries, if not their memories. For the world is occupied by an alien force who control humanity through post-hypnotic suggestion and no one can be trusted.
Aided by President Nixon and Neil Armstrong’s foot, The Doctor must mount a revolution to drive out the enemy and rescue the missing little girl. No-one knows why they took her.
Or why they have kidnapped Amy Pond
- When Amy and Rory are at home, their television is playing the Laurel and Hardy film The Flying Deuces.
- In the White House bathroom, Joy mistakes the alien for a man in a Star Trek costume.
- First time we hear the TARDIS can cloak
- River Song tells Rory that she and The Doctor are “[time] travelling in opposite directions.” Every time they meet, he knows her less and less – and the day is coming when”he’ll look into my eyes, and not have the faintest idea who I am. And I think it’s going to kill me.” In the Series 4 episodes, “Silence in the Library” and “Forest of the Dead, The Tenth Doctor meets River for the first time (from his perspective – she has apparently met him many times); at the conclusion of that story, River dies to save all the people trapped inside The Library’s core.
- Amy Pond and Rory Williams watch a Laurel & Hardy film, The Flying Deuces, on television.
- This story shares numerous similarities with the 1988 John Carpenter film They Live, in which the primary protagonist discovers a hidden alien race living amongst humans, using subliminal messages to influence their development.