Planet of the Ood
19 April 2008
Tim McInnerny (Klineman Halpen), Ayesha Dharker (Solana Mercurio), Adrian Rawlins (Dr Ryder), Roger Griffiths (Commander Kess), Paul Clayton (Mr Bartle), Paul Kasey (Ood Sigma), Tariq Jorden (Rep), Silas Casron (Voice of the Ood).
|Written by||James Moran|
|Directed by||Colin Teague|
|Produced by||Julie Garner and Phil Colinson|
Donna’s helped The Doctor avert disaster in modern-day Britain and taken a trip back in time to the Roman Empire – now she’s ready to experience an alien world. The duo visit the home planet of the Ood, a servile race The Doctor has encountered before (in series two episodes The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit).
A company run by the ruthless Mr Halpen (Tim McInnerny) is exploiting the genial aliens – and it’s up to The Doctor and Donna to discover the secret he’s hiding
- The Ood were last seen in the episodes The Impossible Planet / The Satan Pit.
- The Doctorclaims the planet Ood Sphere is in the same galaxy as the Sense Sphere – which he visited in The Sensorites.
- Donna and The Doctor comment about the bees disappearing, something Donna discovered when searching for alien activity in Partners In Crime
- The top secret lab is in Warehouse 15, a play on the supposed alien research lab at Roswell, Area 51.
- The scene where Mr. Halpen turns into an Ood had to re-filmed because it was regarded as too horrifying.
- Ood Sigma appears again in The End of Time for David Tennants final appearance
- The Tenth Doctor comments that he visited the Sense-Sphere”ages ago”. (The Sensorites)
- The Rani also used a massive brain on one occasion. (Time and the Rani)
- As is routine for post-2005 Doctor Who, a “NEXT TIME” trailer for the next episode is shown at the end of the episode.