Tom Baker (the Doctor), Mary Tamm (Romana), John Leeson (K9), David Warner (Cuthbert), Toby Hadoke (Mr Dorrick), Dominic Mafham (Chidak), Nicholas Briggs (The Daleks), Jane Slavin (Halka), John Dorney (Sterris), John Leeson (Tollivun)
“The future folds into the past. The homeless hero has fallen. Now begins the time of three tales: The Tale of the Herald, The Tale of the Hidden Woman and The Tale of the Final Speaker. When the last tale is told, all the lights shall fail. The world will end.”
The Doctor and Romana find themselves in the Proxima System, where enigmatic Conglomerate CEO Cuthbert has been conducting his infamous ‘experiment’. An experiment which might accidentally rip the universe apart.
Meanwhile, living conditions on Proxima Major have become harsh and hostile. Climate change has turned the landscape into a freezing wasteland and an alien power has condemned much of the population to life inside internment camps. For those still clinging to their freedom, the struggle for survival is now beyond desperate and outsiders such as the Doctor and Romana are only seen as a threat.
What is Cuthbert really up to in the Proxima System, and just how does he expect the dreaded Daleks to fit into his plan?
- The Dalek Contract was the sixth story in the second series of The Fourth Doctor Adventures.
- The Doctor tells Halka that the Daleks were borne of the Thousand Year War on their homeworld Skaro. (The Daleks, Genesis Of The Daleks)
- Romana mentions that a missile nearly struck the TARDIS in orbit of Atrios. (The Armageddon Factor)
- K9’s recent repairs have increased his efficiency by 150%, including experienced cold weather and moisture protection. However, the Doctor tells him to remain in the TARDIS.
- The Doctor believes that Proxima Major’s orbit has shifted as it is a frozen tundra while the TARDIS information system indicated that the planet should have a tropical climate.