Peter Davison (Fifth Doctor), Janet Fielding (Tegan), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa), Mark Strickson (Turlough), Helen Griffin (Director Cardell/Ship’s Computer), Raymond Coulthard (Loki/Edgar/Hawks), Adrian Lukis (Enforcement Officer Bragg), Charlotte Lucas (Bio Technician Valis/Echelon)
“You know what cobwebs mean. Spiders…”
In search of a cure for a sickness that’s so far claimed six billion lives, scientist Nyssa arrives at an abandoned gene-tech facility on the toxic planet Helheim. ‘Hellhole’, more like.
Nyssa’s not alone. The TARDIS has also been drawn to the Helheim base – and in its cobweb-coated corridors, she soon runs into The Doctor, Tegan and Turlough, her travelling companions of half a century past. But who, or what, has engineered this strange reunion? The Black Guardian, perhaps?
The answer’s here, in the dark. With the Cractids, in the cobwebs
- Cobwebs was the one hundred and thirty-sixth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions.
- Nyssa has cured Lazar’s disease. (Terminus)
- When the TARDIS goes wrong, Tegan asks if it a Black Guardian trap. (Enlightenment)
- Fifth Doctor and Tegan argue over Turlough’s loyalty, during which Tegan makes numerous references to his alliance with the Black Guardian. (Enlightenment)
- In reference to Turlough, Tegan notes that her aunt Vanessa always said, “once a wrong ‘un, always a wrong ‘un.”
- The planet Helheim has a toxic atmosphere made mostly of sulphur and carbon oxides. It also has electrical storms and acid precipitation. The Cractids are its indigenous species.