The Eight Doctors
Recuperating after the trauma of his recent regeneration, The Doctor falls foul of a final booby trap set by his arch-enemy, The Master.
When he recovers, the disorientated Doctor looks in a mirror and sees the face of a stranger. He knows only that he is called The Doctor – nothing more. But something deep inside tells him to trust the TARDIS, and his hands move over the controls of their own accord.
The TARDIS takes him to a strangely familiar junkyard in late-nineties London, where he is flung into a confrontation between local drug-dealers and Samantha Jones, a rebellious teenager from Coal Hill School.
But The Doctor soon finds the TARDIS transporting him to various other places in order to recover all his memories – and that involves seeing seven strangely-familiar faces…
- The Eight Doctors was the first novel in the BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures series. It was written by Terrance Dicks. It explored the amnesia theme of the DoctorWho movie by having the Eighth Doctor encounter his predecessors.
- The Doctor loses his memory from a trap left by The Master.
- We meet two versions of theSixth Doctor
- The first eight Doctors have appeared
- Flavia is president. However, according to continuity so far, Romana is President
- There is an explanation of how The Master became worm-like in The TV Movie